We are ready to welcome you back to Mexico Beach. Our top priority continues to be the safety of all those visiting Mexico Beach and together, we are ready for you to pack that beach bag and come visit.
Our Sandy Beaches & Overnight Lodging:
- The health and safety of our community remains our top priority.
- Public beaches fully reopened on May 1, lifting all restrictions on beach access and beach commerce. All visitors to the beach should maintain group size to under 10 individuals and have a six-foot separation between different groups. Social distancing guidelines will be enforced by city and county officials. Mexico Beach has a Leave No Trace Ordinance that states all belongings must be removed at the end of your beach day and all holes filled.
- Short Term Rentals are now open and are welcoming guest bookings, following the approval of the Bay County Safety Plan approved by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations.
- While it is important for your health physically and mentally to continue physical activity, it is also important to continue to take precautions against COVID-19.
- Social distancing protocols will be enforced, including maintaining group size to under 10 and having a six-foot separation between groups and individuals of differing parties.
- Additional social distance protocols are recommended which include 20 feet of separation between walking and jogging groups.
- People who are 65 and over or living with underlying health conditions should continue to follow the safer at home public health advisory.
- Pack hand sanitizer when you go with at least 60% alcohol since you will likely not be close to soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Masks are recommended but not required.
- For more information about protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 while visiting beaches, click here.
Dining & Retail Stores:
- Restaurants are now permitted to offer outdoor dining with six feet between tables and indoor seating at 50 percent capacity. Additionally, many restaurants continue to offer takeout, curbside pickup and delivery.
- Retail stores now operating at 50 percent of indoor capacity. Customers must maintain social distancing.
- All nightclubs, bars and movie theaters in Bay County will remain closed at this time.
- The CDC is recommending no gathering larger than 10 people.
Continue to follow Mexico Beach’s social media pages for daily updates and enjoyable posts!